Friday, October 5, 2018

11A-Idea Napkin No. 1

1) You. I'm a passionate person that whenever I get rolling on something I will basically plan the rest of what's going on in my life around it. Failure is not something that I find enjoyable and I don't plan on failing at this. If I could get this wireless charging business started a lot of other things in my life would go on hold. I would be absolutely content with that because like I mentioned I do not like to fail and to avoid doing so this would need my full attention. 
2) What are you offering to customers? The product is a wireless charging station for cell phones and it will meet the need for a form of charging that does not result in future costs due to breaking cords and worn down phone charging ports. 
3) Who are you offering it to? All of my customers will have in common that they are cell phone users. They will be split into two groups; one being iphone users and one being android users. The product will offer the feature of charging up to 4 cell phones or two tablets at one time. The device will simply have to be set on the mat that is plugged in like your standard charger would be and it will charge without plugging directly into the phone. 
4) Why do they care? Customers will pay the money for this product because it will potentially save them money in the long haul. There will also be a group that purchases the product because of the convenience of not having to plug and unplug your phone.  
5) What are your core competencies? There are not a lot of products on the market like this and the phone companies will not offer something like it because the current way of charging actually creates more revenue for them. They want you to have to spend money on new chargers because they snap and new phones because the port gives out and will no longer charge. 

From potential customers that I have talked to already they agree that they have a need for this and there are a lot of others that would purchase for the same reasons as them. What I am not sure about is whether the inability to charge your phone and use it at the same time will turn a lot of customers away. The current cord chargers allow you to do so. The other weaker aspect of the concept I have questions about involve the phone companies potentially changing their design to counter our product. However, it could turn into a bigger opportunity if the phone companies decide to endorse our product.  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brody, I'd like to start off by stating that I am fond of your enthusiasm as far as getting your product done. I do believe that you have a concept that will change the game as far as phone charging due to the fact that you will not have to replace it. I think the only factor that might set back your idea slightly is the fact that you cant use your phone while charging it. However, if you're able to come up with a way to harvest the idea of putting both together your product would be perfect on the market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brody, I love your idea because I am someone who constantly faces the problem of not having enough battery on my phone and only having one actual charging cord I can rely on. The charger I do have is frayed and can stop working at any given point which is especially irritating considering it is the third charger I have had since getting my phone over a year and a half a go. I am definitely someone who would be interested in a cost-effective wireless charging station.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. It is smart to invent something that almost everybody can benefit from. Almost every person has a smart phone and we all know that they run out of charge too fast and we will always need a charge at some point during the day. I see what you mean that the phone companies might do something to counter what you have to offer. They might make their own version to try and seem better by putting their brand name on it.

    ReplyDelete